Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dress Up The Metalized Chippies

I've promised to share the technique used on this chipboard hinge from yesterday post. I call this the "Dress up the Metalized chippies" technique. It's liked wearing a "dress " (sheer fabric)over your metal looking chipboard pieces.

Here are the steps.
1) First of all ink up the chipboard piece with tons of distress ink. Preferably in darker tones.

2) Mist some water all over the piece. While it's still wet, use a brush to apply some perfect pearls powder on it. I've used some "Blue Patina" in my sample. Let it dry.

3) Apply a rub-on over it. To create a more "dress up" look, try to use a coloured rub-on with some random patterns. 

4) To remove the hard edges of the chipboard piece, I've used a sanding tool to sand on it's edges.

Hope you all find this technique interesting. Try it!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats pretty awesome and creative.

curlyqmosaics said...

You are kidding me! I totally thought this was a metal hinge. You changed this chipboard into something absolutely amazing! WOW!

Wende said...

Love it. This is so cool. Thanks for sharing. I am definitely going to try this.

Dara Lynn said...

Never have put these 3 techniques together...but wooozer!! how coooool is that???? Love it Irene! Thanks for the tip!

Lynne said...

Gorgeous!! Love this technique!!!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Can't wait to try this. Thank you for sharing.

france papillon said...

the rub-on idea is brilliant! thanks for sharing!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

That's a very interesting technique! Thank you, I'll try it cause I love to work with chipboard!!!

Heather Millen said...

I love my Perfect Pearls but never thought to use a rub on on chipboard. Thanks for the tip.

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea!

nancy said...

This is freakin' AWESOME!!! outstanding look....TFS!!!

Erin Smetak said...

What an awesome technique! I will definitely have to try this one soon!!! Thanks for taking the time to spell it out for us!!

Robin Redd said...

That's beautiful!

And I want to let you know that I appreciate all your tips and tutorials! You're very generous.

~Robin
http://robinredd.typepad.com/west_coast_scrapper/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin