Friday, October 8, 2010

Distress Stickles for Texture


I'm often being asked what is the difference of Distress Stickles as compared to Stickles. When and how Distress Stickles can be apply? Since I've used some Distress Stickles in one of my recent layout, I've decided to share a way that you can use your Distress Stickles.

First of all, what is the difference between Stickles and Distress Stickles? 
One of the main difference is that Stickles has finer glitters in them and Distress Stickles has bigger glitter flakes in them. 

I love to use my Distress Stickles in several ways. I would use them to distress edges, adding colours and  my most favourite one, adding texture! It is such a perfect medium that you could easily add some texture to a surface. For example, in my picture above, I've added some Distress Stickles on the inked grungeboard flower to add some texture and colour to it. Isn't this cool? 

Now, try using it more boldly on your projects! Apply it on the embellishments such as flowers, butterflies, hearts, or even bolder, use it to create a layer on your layout. I wonder that would finished a full bottle...LOL! Have fun!    

2 comments:

Karin said...

In the workshops I took with Tim Holtz, he told us to heat the Distress Stickles with a heat tool. Try that and see how amazing they are!! Karin

Sunita said...

Your work is just amazing and so inspiring!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin