Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Winner of "Read Using Your Heart" Challenge!

Thank you so much for those of you who has tried this technique! I'm sure this will give you an idea as to how I get my inspiration and design my projects. I've enjoyed reading all the answers and here's my interpretation of it.

"Hold My Hand" layout:
The picture is actually my daughter, Chloe, holding onto my husband's hand. The first inspiration I have is to create a layout that speaks bonding, love and guidance. The interpretation for the colours is that I purposely left some areas white and it seems that it is slowly covered with colours. This shows the blossoming of knowledge and experience. The owl would represent a journey with the guidance of a wise one. Of course, the swirls would read as a winding and complicated journey. The stitching on the title resembles the bond. And lastly, the Asian lady rub-on represents the Asian culture that we practice in our family.

I do promised to choose a winner and send her a little gift. Therefore, the winner for my "Read Using Your Heart" challenge is....

lszalil said...
Thanks for the inspiration Irene. Love your work and I always wonder how you can create such beautiful creations. I guess that's where I'm lacking - reading from the heart.
The moment I look at the photo, I feel a sense of belonging, protection and comfort. The child will not be lost because of the guiding hand of the adult. There is so much security here and the flowers/vines surrounding the photos portray as much calmness and security required by a child. The owl, as always represents wisdom and a child will always look up to an adult as the wisest person in the whole world.
A very colourful and meaningful representation and hopefully I shall learn to create more layouts in this manner. Thank you.

Congratulations Iszalil! Email me your address and I'll send your little gift to you.

So, if you're having a scrapping block or lack of inspirations in the future, why not try this technique and create something out of it!

Clear Scraps has announced the winner for the Mother's Day blog hop! Go on over to Clear Scraps blog to check it out!

Check back tomorrow as I'll be sharing my projects using Swirlydoos May kit!

1 comment:

Jozebelle said...

I usually think a bit like you, I wanna have emballishment and decos that kind of put a little extra on the feeling I wanna scrap! So therefore it take some time before i feel satisfied and pleased with the LO

Hugs
Ann-Marie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin