Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hiro


This is a layout that I've created sometime ago for an article on SNR which feature the stamps by Darkroom Door. I just love how intricate their stamps are.

Here are some of the ways that I've used their stamps on this layout.


1) I've create a border by stamping the bottom of the layout with a huge stamp for four times. To make it more interesting, I've stamped the same image again on tag and later pop it up on one of those four stamped images earlier.

2) I've stamped some ferns behind the bunch of circles and leaves to create some height to it.



3) I've stamped using the stamps on the grungeboard hinges to create more details to it.



4) To create the interesting compass circles, I've stamped some of their compass stamps onto circles that I've cut out from the pattern paper. See how I've used the same stamp to create smaller or bigger compass circle.

5) I've stamped some words on the photograph to make the it blend it with the layout more.

More close-ups:



With these tips through this layout, hopefully you all will start to try stamping on your layouts more often. Just have some fun and try to think outside the box while using them. I know most stamps are meant for cards and some other smaller projects but with a little creativity, you could use them easily on your layouts. It's all about having fun!


Sources: Pattern Papers: Memento; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Darkroom Door; Others: Tim Holtz idea-ology grungeboard and masks, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Stickles, brads, leaves, foam berries, buttons, ribbons, floss for stitching, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

13 comments:

Tracy Lathrop said...

Irene this layout is just so gorgeous!! Love the stamping you did on it!!

Chris said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the papers you used too!

SHAWN said...

Amazing amount of detail! I love the stamped grunge board hinges..Excellent!-(Of course Hiro is my favorite part8)

Siri Fjørtoft, kaBoks said...

This LO is so amazing! I love your stamped details, and of course your Darling Dog. I actually think I have photos of my puppy on a road jus like that stamp you used as your border... You are giving me ideas now!

MY LOs are always v ery clean and simple, but when I see yours I always want to push myself furher.

You are a huge inspiration!!

I hope you have a nice trip to the States, and maybe you´ll show up in Norway one day??

Siri

Laney said...

I love this layout. The color scheme, and all those stamping ideas! Thank you for the inspiration.

Leyla said...

very very beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Irene, as always I love your work. The details are wonderful, I love the stamped background.

Conchin said...

Wow a fantastic LO, the combination of colors, every adornment, the design...

Brilliant!!

A greeting,
Conchin

e said...

toujours très beau, Irène, bravo, je suis toujours admirative de ton travail

Tereza Crump said...

oh my, Irene, I love this layout. I love to stamp on my layouts!! Actually once I found stamps I have been hooked ever since and stamp on EVERYTHING. I have serious question for you...how do you come up with your designs?? for example how did you have the idea to reproduce the stamped image 3 times on the bottom then outline them with the white pen? where did you get the idea of the circles and the doodling and stamping on them? How does a layout come together for you? Do you gather the supplies you are going to use for it first and then brainstorm? Or do you gather the supplies as you are working on the LO? I know this is not one question but I would love to hear more on your creative process. I loooooooove your work. :)

Fabíola said...

Very beautiful!!!!!!!!!
BJS

Carla said...

OMG what an awesome detailed page. That is just beautiful.

Lynn Biermann said...

Wow this is beautiful! I love the rich jewel tones!!! really great stamping too!! very inspirational! thanks Irene!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin