Friday, November 6, 2009

Altered Bird

This is a deco project that I've created using Clear Scraps acrylic XL bird and some gorgeous stamps from Darkroom Door. I really love this stamp set and wanted to create a project to showcase it.

Here are the steps:

1) Use a Clear Scraps acrylic XL bird as the base for this project. Ink on it's back with various alcohol ink.

2) Stamp on the front of the acrylic bird with the stamps and black solvent ink. I've used the compass stamp to stamp the eye of the bird.

3) Paint the edges of the bird with some silver acrylic paint.

4) Colour part of the stamped images with Copic markers and dress it up with Stickles.

5) Add some cut-out flourishes and flowers on it's tail. Detail it with crystals and Stickles.

6) Attach some ribbons on it's neck and add a huge flower to it. Dress it up with Stickles.

This is such a fast and easy project. Why not create some and hang it by your window or on your tree this Christmas. Have fun!

Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: On The Dot; Inks: Ranger Alcohol Ink, Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Darkroom Door; Others: Ranger Stickles, Prima flowers, Ranger Paint Dabber, Hambly overlay, crystals, ribbons, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

11 comments:

LaBonita said...

Awesome! Totally LOVE this project!

Andrea said...

WOW- I stumbled across your blog, and so glad I did. You have some AMAZING creations happening here! Beautiful Work!

mininessie said...

oh!
this is really beautiful Irene..you gave me a lovely idea!
thanks!

Jocelyn said...

Stunning....I adore your work!!!! :-)

Carmen said...

Beautiful!!

Deb said...

Breathtaking! I love birds so I am going to try this.

FabĂ­ola said...

Maravilhoso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BJS ;)

Joanna said...

gorgeous, you are so creative.

Tereza Crump said...

I got my copy of Somerset memories today. :) Your work is lovely and the issue is packed with great techniques. tereza

Cathy said...

Gorgeous!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Spectacular texturing and colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin