Monday, March 16, 2009

Ribbon Loops

This is a post requested by one of my reader who had emailed me to ask about the ribbon loops that I've used in a few of my projects sometime ago. She would liked to know how to create the ribbon loops. Therefore, I've used this technique again in one of my recent project.

Here are the steps to the ribbon loops technique.

1) You need three strips of ribbons. In my example above, I've use two sheer ribbon and a strip of flower lace. You could also use another ribbon, a cord, strings or a paper ribbon to substitute the flower lace.

2) Tie both strips of sheer ribbon to the flower lace. Just use simple knots to tie them together.

3) Then, leave some sheer ribbon loose before you tie another knot on flower lace. Do the same for both strips of sheer ribbon. Keep doing it until you get the length that you want for your project.

Isn't this very simple? Try it!

15 comments:

Anita said...

What a neat technique! TFS!

Jennifer said...

It IS really simple but it looks so much more complicated. Thanks for sharing your work, you are AMAZING!!!!

Tammy said...

That is just so cool looking! I need to try this because I love the look!! Thanks sweetie!!

Lingzie said...

very cool trick! and its simple to do as well! thanks for sharing this irene! :)

Nikki Love said...

wonderful tutorial Irene!!! I'm gonna have to try that on an upcoming layout :D

Paulien van den Bosch said...

It is AWESOME!!!!
Thanks for this tutorial...
to be honest, I was wondering too!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Thanks!

Anonymous said...

that's lovely! thanks for sharing!

retiredheather said...

What an elegant way to create a beautiful trim.
Hugs
Heather

Tereza Crump said...

hi Irene, the first time I saw you used this technique you had a gold metallic ribbon in the middle. I actually thought you tucked the sheer ribbon into the loops of the metallic ribbon. I think that is how you did it, because you can see in the photos that the sheer ribbon goes through the loops of the other ribbon. I love all this ribbon work. I have done some myself too. They are fun and add such dimension!! thanks for sharing. As always your work is always darling. When do we get to see the Tim Holtz stuff??? LOL :)

mininessie said...

wow!
love it ..thanks Irene!

Peterson Party of 5 said...

Cute! Cute Cute! Love it!

tesascrap said...

¡Thanks for this tutorial!, Irene.
¡It´s so cute!.

Free Spirit said...

Thank you so much for answering my question. I love it and will give it a go soon. i have been so busy. I am catching up on your blog now. Thanks for sharing sweetie.

Loló said...

Thanks for this tutorial.
Kiss from Spain
Lo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin